Thursday, November 11, 2010

Tuesday Poem: DIY Movember


OK, so this post is a little late, but I feel justified as I've been writing a poem-a-day for a week. Well, ditties, actually. They are my tribute to my friend and fellow poet, Chris Tse, who to overcome his hereditary trichoincompetence has pledged to wear a different designer moustache every day in "Movember" and raise money to battle men's health issues. You can see his blog here. And if you click on the comments section, you'll see my silly rhymes.

I'm working in Blenheim this week and one of the galleries is showing a selection of works and words by Claire Beynon, a fellow Tuesday Poet. It's a wonderful collision/collusion of words, paint,image and idea - and there's reference to blogs, too. Check out her blog, Waters I have Known.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Have been loving the poems, Renee! You've added a completely different spin to DIY Mo.

Claire Beynon said...

Hi Renee - I've been catching up on the past two weeks' Tuesday Poems and came here to see what you'd posted... imagine my surprise to find you've been to Blenheim and have seen my Waters I Have Known exhibition! Thank you for mentioning it here and for directing your readers to the blog that accompanied this body of work.

I was in Wellington recently and went to see Roundabout. . . rich pickings indeed. I wrote this Rumi poem into my journal while there, too!

All the best to you
Claire