Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Three Poems

I'm doing a MOOC (Massive online open course) in poetry from the legendary University of Iowa. The first exercise, in 'sketching' taught by Robert Hass, led to these three small poems:



The words drop like minutes
rain in ever-expanding pools,
knit and purl the pavement’s verse.

*
There is singing
inside of me. Small voices.
The pitter patter
of tiny fingers
                        leaving
wet handprints
on the glass.
*

A box a boat a pirate’s nest
A bird a bee a seed.
A book a song a quilted bed
A kiss, then eyes at rest.

4 comments:

Catherine said...

Lovely - I especially liked the line "knit and purl the pavement's verse"

S.wordfish said...

Hi Renee, I am doing this as well but haven't seen your posts? Sue Heggie

Michelle Elvy said...

Nice! I have another friend who just wrapped this course. Amazing stuff.

Somerset Wedding Girl said...

You've clearly got quite a talent for poetry, I think these images are actually beautiful. I can't wait to see what else you come up with!